Friday, June 11, 2010

A New Room by Ajo Despuig


I walked inside a familiar room
A place of darkness- eminent gloom
Can still see blood stains on the wall
From the night I lost her, myself, et al.

The ceiling fan has gathered dust and tears
Anger, hate, apathy, futility, fears
This has to change, I told myself
I grabbed a hammer and took down the shelves

Old picture of me and her, I covered
With new images and posters, I cowered
Under the bed and took a bag
Full of her old clothes who can be mistaken as rags

I took different cans of paint
Of various colors, hues and tints
One by one, spilled it in the walls
Coat by coat, roll upon roll

My fan was replaced by a bulb of light
I don't need air, I need my rights
The stains are now nowhere to be found
Everything is new- even the ground

My old room is now dead
A new one was born in its stead
Goodbye to a past of mistakes and sinning
A new room, a new beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment